Take action against errant builder

If the builder refuses to pay, take the legal route or seek liquidation

How to take action against an errant builder

During proceedings in the Supreme Court recently, Parsvnath and Unitech expressed their inability to refund home buyers for not handing over possession of flats. While the apex court has asked Unitech to deposit the principal money that buyers had paid, in the case of Parsvnath, the court is examining the case for the next course of action. Legal experts say if the developers continue to express inability to pay, buyers should file a petition in the SC and request it to initiate proceedings under Article 142 of the Constitution. “The apex court has special powers and it can ...