- Lenders drive hard bargain with Zee boss Chandra, demand personal guarantee
- MARKET WRAP: Sensex falls 336 points as ITC slips 5% following Q3 results
- Big bonanza for UP farmers as Adityanath govt cuts urea prices by 10%
- 4 mn cheques will be held up due to bank strike: Employees' association
- Modi may have nothing new to offer, but 'Brand Modi' isn't dead: Here's why
- At Rs 36 million, new Axis Bank CEO's basic pay more than Shikha Sharma's
- IKEA aims 10-fold rise in India workforce to 15k as it plans global layoffs
- Sabarimala temple LIVE updates: No woman attempts entry, situation tense
- TCS PSLV-C43 launched successfully with HysIS and 30 foreign satellites
Head5: Market ends at record high, Nifty above 11,550; Infy down 06%
Market ends at record high, Nifty above 11,550; Infy down 06%
Last Updated at August 5, 2019 16:10 IST
MG (Morris Garages) India said it has roped in British actor Benedict Cumberbatch as its brand ambassador, on Wednesday.
The company, which is gearing up to launch sports utility vehicle 'Hector' in the middle of this year to kick off its journey in the country, said the acclaimed actor will be the face of MG India.
"As one of the most recognised and beloved cultural icons from the UK, Benedict has a lot in common with Morris Garages," MG India Managing Director and CEO Rajeev Chaba said.
Benedict has, throughout his career, experimented with various types of roles across stage productions, TV shows and movies to push the bar ever higher, something which resonates with MG's commitment to technological innovation, Chaba added.
On his part, Benedict said: "I have grown up seeing and reading about MGBs and MG Midgets, recognising MG as a classic and iconic brand. I am delighted to be a part of the launch of the new MG in India with the MG Hector, which may well be a classic of the future.